What are advanced filters, and how do they work in Reports?
Get focused on your accounting data with GetMyInvoices’ powerful advanced data filters. Together with the standard filters that help narrow down specific documents, advanced filters lets you drill down deeper into your business insights with just a few clicks. It helps to provide a more accurate visualization of your invoice reports, so you can be more informed with what’s going on with your accounting processes.
The following steps are all you need to get started with advanced filters in Reports.
Step 1. From the GetMyInvoices dashboard, click Reports on the left-side menu.
Step 2. On the Reports page, navigate to the upper right corner and click the funnel icon labeled Advanced Search.
Step 3. A pop-up selection window shows up with customizable options for advanced filters.
- Company Country: This filter narrows down your reports data to your invoices’ specific country of origin. It uses the country information extracted using advanced OCR technology from your imported invoices.
- Include/Exclude: A useful filter for invoices coming from multiple countries. It allows you to either include only those invoices tagged with the country you’ve selected above, or exclude those particular invoices from your reports data. For example, you’ve linked four portals based in two different countries. With the Include/Exclude filter, you can choose to include reports data from one portal and exclude the other three, or include reports data from three other portals from the same country and exclude the remaining portal from the other country.
- Archived: Choose to either include or exclude archived invoice documents from your reporting.
- Yes, Both: It includes data from both current and archived documents.
- Only Archived: This option only includes data from archived documents.
- No: Choose this option if you want to include data from current documents only.
Step 4. After customizing your advanced filters, click Search. Report results will be updated instantly.
Note: If you’ve linked multiple portals from different countries of origin, any extracted foreign currency data will be converted to the default currency you’ve set in your account settings. Foreign currency values will be converted to the foreign exchange rate in effect on the day you generate your reports.